Monday, May 5, 2014

Malaysian Pottery Shopping

Recently, I joined a group of ladies on a Malaysian Pottery trip.  I had heard about this great pottery place about an hour away in Malaysia that had dishes, pots, dish sets, you name it they had it -even some spoode items.  My last experience going to Malaysia on a bus wasn't great- I had been stopped while coming back into Singapore and my bags searched, so that incident put me on edge going through customs at the border crossing.  A friend drove this time and wow it was so much easier when you just sit in a car, hand over passports,  have your trunk opened, and drive away.  No body or bag scanners!

So we loaded up on some great items.  Here on some photos of things I bought.
 Chinese vase- have no clue what it says- probably from a closed down restaurant, but love the ship picture.
These plates are definitely from a closed down restaurant, Uncle K's Kopitan.  These would have been from a coffee shop.  
Finally, something familiar- blue serving bowls from Dansk.  We all got some of these- $3 each!  
Group of ladies and our stash of bags.  I'm sure we will be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment