Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Toilet paper run

With 3 girls staying with Fred we unexpectedly ran out of toilet paper. Normally this is not an issue and you'd hop in your car run to giant or 7-11 and be back in 10 minutes with a new stock.  Well, right now we are carless and it's Sunday so the nearby navy exchange is closed!  So, this is when you start thinking what places nearby have a public restroom.  I was hoping the nearby gym did, but I was informed otherwise.  I wondered if we are close enough to someone to stop by to use their bathroom if needed.

I walk to a grocery store, this errand ends up taking just about an hour.  I can't wait to have a car here! Going anywhere is at least a 20 minute walk.

This evening it was rainy and we were going to go out for dinner but no one wants to walk in the rain for 20 minutes so we just stay home and snack on whatever is in the fridge which is frozen meals or cereal.  Driving really is a luxury that  I never realized how much easier it makes your life.  Without a car you really have to plan your life and be organized.  I'm generally this type of person but not having experienced not having a car before threw me for a loop.

I imagine looking under the cabinet for toilet paper stock will become a regular check.

No comments:

Post a Comment