Sunday, August 2, 2015

Singapore: What I will miss

Singapore has some amazing scenery- both natural and man made.  The natural beauty makes me think of a prehistoric jungle.  There is a tree down the street from me that drop leaves that are the size of 3 of my sneakers.  We also have these huge trees that are a multitude of small trunks all clustered together.  I had my friend take a photo of me in front of one so you could see how large the trunk actually is.
 
The tropical, humid weather makes it incredibly green and lush here with unique tropical flowers. I love walking and looking at this amazing scenery.
The man made scenery downtown provides one of the most amazing skylines I have ever seen.  The Marina Bay Sands hotel with the boat/surfboard like structure on top of 3 towers is the picturesque icon in the downtown area.
Just behind this amazing building is a garden area that has these steel "trees" with vegetation growing on them and a suspended walk way around the gardens.  
Finally, occasionally I get to see this turquoise blue bird.  With a little research, I think they might be called Kingfish, but I just think when I see them I'm super lucky since they are so pretty.
The hot humid weather is a bear to deal with day in and day out, but it provides some beautiful natural scenery that makes my sweltering walks more enjoyable.  I will definitely miss this, but I know wherever I am you can find natural beauty if you take a moment to look around and appreciate it.

My neighbor took this video and it gives you a nice sense of peaceful mornings in Sembawang Singapore.






No comments:

Post a Comment